Marathon Training and Nutrition

<Marathon Training and Nutrition>

Saturday, June 02, 2007

Last Long Run Before Stockholm Marathon

This morning Andrew and I met up at the bridge at 9am for our last long(ish) run before we travel out to Stockholm on Thursday to run the marathon. It was a beautiful morning and hot so I wore my new Orca vest that I think I'll be wearing next weekend, just to check that its comfortable and doesn't rub anywhere. It was fine.

We decided to do a 10 minute jog followed by a hard 10k followed by a 10 minute slow jog warm down. The canal was busy with early morning joggers as we set out. On the 10k section we both did about 24 minutes to the 5k but on the way back I tired quite badly and only managed 51 minutes whilst Andrew did a good 46 minutes. I'll try and rest a bit before next weekend but the good news was that I didn't do any damage to my muscles and feel fine this afternoon. 26.2 miles still feels like a very long way (and it is) but I'm sure that my mind will be fine come next weekend.

The race starts at 2pm in the afternoon which is a bit unusual. Has anyone reading this got any experience of starting at that time. How does it effect your preparation?

This week May (my wife) and I are upping the carb intake and combining that with drinking a pint of Complete with every meal. Complete is a carb loaded drink which is also full of fruit and vegetables which makes it an ideal marathon drink. If you want to try it then go to the Juice Plus website on the sidebar and check it out.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home