Marathon Training and Nutrition

<Marathon Training and Nutrition>

Sunday, May 20, 2007

Trouble in the bath

It was quite hot this afternoon when I went for my two hour marathon training run. Its nice to be on the taper and know that, apart from the marathon itself, the really long runs are over. However, tonight I chose to run the route for the Berkhamsted Half-Marathon which is, as I've said before, a killer of a route, especially in the heat. There are at least 5 very big hills on the route and it takes it out you. I eventually clocked my slowest half for a long time - 2 hours. When I got home the good news was that my muscles were all fine - no hamstring issues and no new tweaks. Good. I think that the hamstring is finally better because if it can survive the hills I went up and down tonight then it can survive anything. I still strapped it up though.

Anyway, I drank a fair bit of water and went for a bath where I fell asleep, feeling exhausted. When I woke up I felt really lousy and immediately began vomiting into the bath!! Sorry, I know that this is gross but... After I had emptied my guts I just lay in the empty bath shivering and after a quick shower I crawled out into bed and fell asleep again for a couple of hours. I've just wakened up and feel a lot better but can't eat anything so I'm going off to bed again.

What a night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home