Marathon Training and Nutrition

<Marathon Training and Nutrition>

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Back training again...yessss!!

I give you permission to crack open a bottle of champagne on my behalf tonight. As promised I did no running at all Sunday - Tuesday but I felt so good tonight that I went for a slow 5 km jog, ready to stop at the slightest tweak. Guess what - not a single tweak and here I am back home rejoicing. Hopefully, I can now get some uninterrupted training in for the actual marathon on the 9th of June. I've lost a week and one long run but I hope I'm going to be able to recover it over the next 5 weeks.

Incidentally, on a different note, I was really annoyed at one of the responders to a question I asked on the Google ukrecrunning board about caring for damaged hamstrings. All of the answers were very helpful except for one by a moron who calls himself peter_potato. He just laughed at my misfortune and asked how could this possibly happen to someone who uses Juice Plus+. What a total loser and uninformed idiot! I just overdid the sprinting and paid the price but it is the first time its happened in 18 months of fairly serious running and at 50 years of age I'd say that that is a pretty resounding endorsement of Juice Plus+. For someone to laugh at a fellow runner to score a small minded point is beyond me.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 10:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i don't know what the other person wrote, but just his name alone makes me think 'couch potato'. Good that u took some time off, it's better than running through it and really being hurt for June 9th! good luck!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home