Marathon Training and Nutrition

<Marathon Training and Nutrition>

Thursday, May 24, 2007

2 good runs and no problems

On Tuesday and tonight I did an 8 k run. I went with a guy who is a bit slower than me so I just had to run steady to keep him company. On Tuesday I didn't mind as it was a lovely night and we ran at a decent pace and eventually finished the 8k in 45 minutes. Steady pace and easily maintainable.

However, tonight I decided just to go for it. Forget the muscle concerns... just go for it. I ran the 8k in 24 degrees heat in 38 mins 20 secs and this includes the long and steep Bullbeggars Hill. This is a good time and gives me a lot of confidence for the marathon. I'm beginning to feel that I'm almost back to full strength and I'm sure with a bit of rest and a few more fast runs I'm going to arrive at the start line in Stockholm in good shape.

I'm reading a good book just now called 'The Lore of Running' by a South African runner/doctor called Tim Noakes. If you only buy one running book then this should be it. Its very, very thorough (and very thick) but it covers everything. I received it as a present so I've no idea what the price is but I expect it won't be cheap.

Feeling good - whip it on!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home