Marathon Training and Nutrition

<Marathon Training and Nutrition>

Friday, April 27, 2007

Still got a tweaky leg

After tweaking my hamstring sprinting on Tuesday I've been a really good boy and not attempted to run at all... until tonight (Friday). I've iced my leg every night and rubbed deep heat stuff in before I go to sleep. My leg feels alot better but still not 100%, in fact if I'd to guess I'd say about 60%. I went out tonight and ran slowly for 15 minutes without any adverse effect but I was slow. I'm going to give it another slow run tomorrow ...but longer. Then, depending on how my leg feels after that I might try a long run on Sunday or maybe Monday.

This is so frustrating because I haven't pulled a muscle for 18 months and I really thought I was going to reach Stockholm fully prepared and fully trained. Not so any more, but hopefully I'll feel the benefit of a few days off and not lose too much time on the actual marathon. I felt so strong on Sunday night and I'd love to arrive at the Stockholm Marathon feeling that good. Here's hoping.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home