Marathon Training and Nutrition

<Marathon Training and Nutrition>

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

My dog got me tossed out!

It was a beautiful day today so I decided to go down to the local rugby parks to do some speed work. They've got a 400 metre track marked out around the perimeter of the parks. I decided to take my dog, Swizzle, along for company plus she loves racing me around the track. When I arrived I spent a little while jogging around the track to get warmed up and then began to do some slow stretches - I pulled a muscle sprinting last year and I'm a little bit paranoid that it'll happen again. While I stretched, Swizzle explored the surrounding area and decided to mark her territory by peeing on the marquee which had been erected for the recent half marathon. Next thing I knew the groundsmen came over and gave me a right old ticking off about allowing my dog to pee on his tent, blah, blah, blah, and then told me to get off his parks. If Swizzle did a thimbleful that would be the max! Anyway, end of marathon training and Mr Jobsworth felt important and powerful. I did manage to sneak in a few 100 metre sprints (well these days its more like 'reasonably fast runs') so it wasn't completely a waste of time.
By the way, if you are a novice at Marathons and want some great advice then check out a few of the items on the sidebar to the right of this post.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 3:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That stinks! Thanks for the links on the side, I'm not up to marathons yet... but they'll probaly help with half-marathons!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home