Marathon Training and Nutrition

<Marathon Training and Nutrition>

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Quiet week - quite weak.

Since my bomb out last Saturday I've basically spent the week resting alot and not running very much. I spoke to a guy who has run hundreds of marathons and as soon as I told him what had happened (see below) he just immediately said, "You've overtrained! Your body was just saying enough." So I took his advice and just went for a couple of short slow runs midweek. However, this morning I decided to get back into serious running and so with a degree of trepidation set off with Andrew for a half marathon training distance.

We chose a very hilly route and up until about 9 miles I was fine and then my knees both began to hurt quite a lot. I had to try a different running style to try a give them a break. I did manage the whole 13.1 miles in 1 hr 57min which is pretty slow but it might just be one of the most important 13.1 miles I've ever run because it got my brain back into gear.

I also received in the post today a knecklace thing called a Q-Link. Its basically a pendant that has about 45 loops of copper strung tightly together in a circle inside a quite nice looking pendant. It is supposed to give you more energy, reduce stress, combat the negative effects of all the electronic equipement we use and aid in the recovery from intense exercise. I'll monitor it for a few weeks and let you know what I think. Many top athletes swear by it so it must have some beneficial effects. It is not cheap so it had better work! Have any of you any experience of it?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home