Marathon Training and Nutrition

<Marathon Training and Nutrition>

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear!

Went for my usual long run this morning. Really looking forward to doing around 15 miles. However, after 5 minutes of running my breathing was laboured, my legs were heavy and my brain was frazzled. I managed to run for 20 minutes and then had to stop. Immediately I stopped I became light headed and began to stagger about the road. Andrew suggested that we just chalk this run up to experience and head home and I had to agree that it was the best plan. All in all we ran very slowly for about 4 miles and I walked the rest. This is the first time that I've ever felt like this and I just had a shower and slept on the couch for an hour. I think something is wrong because I still feel lethargic late afternoon. I'll maybe have another go on Monday and see how I feel. I'm not too worried because I know that something unusual happened today and that's that.

Not a great day's marathon training.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home