Marathon Training and Nutrition

<Marathon Training and Nutrition>

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Another half-marathon distance under the belt, but...

... it was a bit frustrating. Again I ran the Berkhamsted Half Marathon course in lovely weather, cool and sunny, but this time I ran it with my marathon training partner, Andrew. Having run below 1hr 48mins on my own on Monday past we were quietly confident that we might be able to push our time down to 1hr 45min. No luck! Andrew ran it in around 1:47 and I did 1:51. Its a strange thing - we both felt we were running quite fast but the clock doesn't lie so I guess I must have been a bit tired from Monday's run. Also I did not sleep at all well last night and tossed and turned until the small hours. I know - its all just excuses but I guess that's what marathon training is all about. Trying this , that and the next thing to shave a few seconds off your time.

Also I wonder if my nutrition is slipping a bit? I noticed that I didn't eat particularly well this week and skipped a few meals because I got too busy.

My weight is down to 12 stone 4 lbs and my pulse is sitting at 42 b.p.m.

Still monitoring the Q-Link pendant but not sure at the moment if I can give it a glowing report. I think I am feeling a bit more energetic in the evenings but its not so noticeable that I can say without doubt that its working. I'll keep monitoring. Interestingly enough I didn't wear the pendant in bed last night and slept very badly. Coincidence? I expect so.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 4:11 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

are you still using the Q-Link Pendant ? And if so , does it do anything at all ?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home