Marathon Training and Nutrition

<Marathon Training and Nutrition>

Monday, November 12, 2007

Still feeling a bit low

I meant to go for a 20 mile run on Saturday but by 6.5 miles it was clear that I just wasn't up for it. I felt very lethargic and, to compound my misery, my ham string became quite sore again! Andrew suggested that I just jog home and not make things worse. I did and I think he was right. Its tempting to think that your fitness is blown when you feel like this but I'm pretty sure that it hasn't. Its just the virus (or whatever is making me feel low). I rested over the weekend and went for another slow, short run with my wife tonight. No problems. Muscles (and blisters) fine and wanted to run faster but had to wait for my wife. I'm still a bit sniffily and slightly woosy but I think I'm on the mend but I won't get my long run in now which bothers me a bit.

Only three weeks to go so it will need an exceptional combination of circumstances to bring me a good marathon time, although I am pretty sure I'll get round okay.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home