Marathon Training and Nutrition

<Marathon Training and Nutrition>

Monday, August 20, 2007

Lovely new route

I went out last night and did a new 10k route which kept me on the roads (the canal is so muddy just now) but took me through the woods and down country lanes. Its very hilly and so constitutes a good training run. I managed it in 48 minutes exactly which is a good time for me, especially given the hills. I'm feeling as fit right now as I've felt for a long time and so I'm pushing the runs a bit and doing a few fartleks each time.

Andrew and I are building up the miles a bit each week in preparation for the Leicester Marathon in October. This Bank Holiday weekend we intend doing a 16 miler. That'll be 6 weeks before the actual race.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home