Marathon Training and Nutrition

<Marathon Training and Nutrition>

Monday, September 24, 2007

Eating my dust

What a great run on Saturday!

I don't know if this happens to you but sometimes I know before I reach the end of my street whether or not I'm going to have a good day. On Saturday I felt strong and powerful even before I reached the end of my street. I met Andrew at the bridge and we agreed to go for about a 10 mile run which would include 6 very substantial hill climbs. After about 2 miles (and one major hill) Andrew put on a strong sprint for about half a mile and, feeling strong, I decided to go with him. I just sat on his shoulder and after the half mile I ran past him and kept going for another 100 yards or so. We then ran on for a further 8.5 miles and he never got nearer to me than 30 metres for the rest of the run and eventually finished a full minute behind me which is very unusual. I did the 10.6 miles in 1 hour 27 minutes which I was very happy with and could have continued for at least the half marathon at the same pace. What a nice feeling.

I know that next run Andrew will be out to re-establish the pecking order but we'll see!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home