Marathon Training and Nutrition

<Marathon Training and Nutrition>

Monday, September 24, 2007

Keeping the boy humble

Tonight I ran the 8.5k Potten End route with my 23 year old son. He's a regular gym attender and treadmill uswer but doesn't run outside very often. As with Saturday, I felt great and really flew around the course eventually finishing the 8.5k in 36 minutes 30 seconds which is a PB for me. My poor son crawled home in 48.5 minutes with blistered feet. Do I feel sorry for him? Nope! I did a victory dance and really rubbed it in. Well I've got to celebrate the little victories these days.

I'm off to Turkey in a week's time and hope to take my training up a notch before winter sets in here in England. I've decided not to run the Leicester marathon on October 14th (mainly due to me being in Turkey and not wanting to cut short my holiday) so I'm now resetting my sights on the Luton Marathon in December. Not very glamorous but it's local and it'll be cool in temperature.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home