Marathon Training and Nutrition

<Marathon Training and Nutrition>

Monday, November 26, 2007

Did one circuit of the Luton Marathon on Saturday

Sadly, it was on a bike! Andrew and I drove over at 7.30am on Saturday to get an idea of the layout of the course. When we got there it was -2 degrees C and we did a short warm up around the car park where it quickly became apparent that my calf muscle wasn't ready. Andrew had stuck his bike in the boot and so I rode the lap of about 9 miles and worked out the route whilst Andrew ran it. To say it was freezing was an understatement but Andrew did a very good time of around 1 hour 8 minutes and I finished with no further damage to my muscle.

However the next day the muscle felt great and today (Monday) there is no pain at all when I stretch and twist. Maybe, just maybe....

I'm itching to go for a short jog but will resist it and leave it two more days then on Wednesday and Thursday I'll give it a go. If it can't survive a reasonably short but fast run then there's no point in wasting my time trying to do 26.2 miles.

I will go for a cycle this afternoon.

I'll let you know how the run goes later this week. Andrew is looking good and strong and I think a 3.40 is on the cards for him.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home