Marathon Training and Nutrition

<Marathon Training and Nutrition>

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Getting back into the groove.

Since finishing the Stockholm Marathon I've eased back on the training a good bit but not completely. I needed a good solid week off after the draining heat of Stockholm but I have started again and done about 6 runs since then including my fastest ever 'Town Route' and a good 10 miler yesterday. I chose to run a very hilly route and did it in 1hr24min. It rained almost the whole way but was, in a perverse sort of way, really enjoyable and I finished in the sunshine feeling quite strong.

I'm pretty sure that I'm going to give the Leicester Marathon a go in October so I'll begin to get my head round the serious training from mid August onwards.

Have any of you run Leicester? What's it like?

On a related subject, I went to a Juice Plus nutrition conference on Saturday. Brilliant! We were treated to a series of emminent doctors all talking about some aspect of nutrition and presenting their own research into the benefits of a diet mainly consisting of fruit and vegetables and berries. Very compelling evidence to suggest that many of the worlds major killer diseases can be prevented by a diet rich in f, v and berries. Given that less than 10% of our population even eats the basic minimum of 5 a day (which is now known to be inadequate, but at least a start) its no wonder that obesity, heart disease, strokes and cancer are all on the increase.

I try to eat my minimum but even with my heightened awareness of good nutrition I still don't always manage so I'm so grateful to Juice Plus for making it possible for me to take my daily intake in 3 capsules. Don't make the mistake of poo-pooing this until you've tried it. JP+ are the most independently researched nutritional suppliment in the world and I for one feel great taking them every day.

Check my sidebar for details.

By the way, Dr Mitra Ray made a statement on Saturday which astonished me. In her, not inconsiderable opinion, athletic achievement is 90% nutritional and 10% fitness. The implications of that statement could be enormous if this true.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home