Marathon Training and Nutrition

<Marathon Training and Nutrition>

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

That's it then

The next time I post will be after I've run the Stockholm Marathon this Saturday. I feel as ready as I can be. I suppose if I hadn't tweaked my hamstring a few weeks back I'd be a bit faster but in all honestly there wouldn't be much in it. I've had a few short slow jogs over the past three days and my body feels good. the big issue will certainly be the heat. Today they were forecasting 29 degrees C. I hope they don't stop the race if that type of heat becomes a reality. I'd rather they delayed the start by a couple of hours and start at 16.00 hours.

I've really enjoyed most of the training and I'm experiencing a bit of a restlessness and desire to get some long miles in again. I'm eating plenty of carbs and drinking a pint of Complete with every main meal so nutritionally I also feel ready.

Feeling excited....

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 7:17 AM , Blogger Craig said...

good luck i have my first in october

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home