Marathon Training and Nutrition

<Marathon Training and Nutrition>

Saturday, February 03, 2007

Glorious Saturday morning, glorious run

This morning Andrew and I met as usual on the canal at 9am. It was freezing cold and beautifully sunny. We decided to do a half marathon the first 6 k of which was right along the canalside. However, after about 5 miles Andrew stepped on a rock and wrenched his ankle sideways and let out a scream. I thought that he had at least torn a ligament but he assured me that this is not unusual, so we stopped for about a minute and then slowly jogged on. Within a few minutes he was fine and we were back at full speed. Very impressive, I thought.

The rest of the run proceeded according to plan and we completed the half marathon in 1 hr 50 min 16 secs. Without the enforced stop for Andrews ankle we would definately have cracked the 1.50 barrier. We both felt strong at the end but as I write this 8 hours later my nipples are still aching. I'll need to sort this out.

Anyway, its on days like this that marathon training is an absolute pleasure and I'll stick my neck out and say that 3 hr 45 min is within my grasp... and maybe quicker.

For my own benefit as I look back, the route was canal -> Tring station -> town centre -> Pitstone -> Aldbury -> Ashridge -> SPG Bridge

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home