Marathon Training and Nutrition

<Marathon Training and Nutrition>

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Run in a storm to increase your marathon strength

I came home from work tonight with the wind threatening to blow my car off the road. Quite exciting actually to see nature in the raw. Anyway I decided to still go for my evening run and it was great. The wind was so strong in my face at one point that it almost brought me to a standstill. Even so, my time ended up only about 50 seconds slower than last night's run. I felt quite strong and really enjoyed it. If I want to run the marathon in under 3.45 then I need to keep on forcing myself to run this 5.5k distance as fast as I can. My ultimate aim is to do it in under 25 minutes before June.

My marathon nutrition is back on track after the usual Christmas wobble. The chocolate is almost done and the fruit cake will soon be finished and then its back to really sensible eating - plenty of fruit and veg, and of course continuing with the Juice Plus. So far this winter I have had no colds or muscle strains so I'm feeling very greatful to JP+. The complete powder is such a good recovery drink after a run.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home