Marathon Training and Nutrition

<Marathon Training and Nutrition>

Saturday, January 13, 2007

My first Garmin run

Earlier this week I bought a Garmin 201 on eBay (for only £70) with the intention of beefing up my marathon training. I tested it out on a run which I know (I have measured it already) is almost exactly 10k and the distance measurement was spot on! It really is amazing that these satellites can pinpoint your location so accurately. As well as that, the other most useful measurement is the continuous read out of your speed. I know that if I don't drop below 7 miles an hour I will definately run the marathon in 3.45min and it is much easier to maintain that pace when its right on your wrist. There are lots of other little aids that will make my marathon training much more fun such as running against a virtual trainer and getting a little map printed at the end to show me where I've run. All in all a good investment I think.

My time for the 10k was 54.5mins. Need to improve quite a bit.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home