Marathon Training and Nutrition

<Marathon Training and Nutrition>

Saturday, January 27, 2007

3rd Half Marathon in 8 Days!!

Now that might not be a lot for many serious atheletes but for me its quite a significant breakthrough - especially in the mental area. When I awoke this morning (Saturday) my Marathon Training schedule seemed about as enticing as a cold bath followed by a spot of flaglation! However, when I looked out the window it was a pleasant morning and didn't look too cold so I got up and had my breakfast and debated over my Weetabix whether or not to go out running. My leg muscles were a bit sore and my nipples were still a bit tender from last Saturday but, I know its good for me so off I went - Garmin strapped to my wrist like a mini computer!

In the end I ran exactly a half marathon through very pleasant surroundings and did it in 1 hr 56 min - not very fast but I wasn't really pushing it. Andrew wasn't available once again so I was doing my marathon training on my own which really does slow me down. According to my Garmin I climbed over 273 metres during the run and descended 248 metres. That's simply because I don't start recording data until I reach the canal bridge and have a good stretch and the bridge must be the extra 25 metres below our house. It is a pretty hilly run and I'd love to know if any of you reading this ever record your physical ups and downs.

Once again I'm looking forward to a bit of a lazy afternoon followed once again by a night at the pictures. Going to see Rocky Bilboa tonight. I'm interested in this especially as Sylvester Stallone is claiming that he has recently become a Christian and that this movie has a sort of Messiah/resurrection type theme running through it. I wonder if I'll spot it or whether Mr Stallone is just working the publicity angle very skillfully? I'll let you know next post. One thing's for sure, Sly has got an amazing body for a 60 year old!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home