Marathon Training and Nutrition

<Marathon Training and Nutrition>

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Distance leads to strength

Having run 3 half marathons in 8 days I was feeling a bit tired and my calf muscles were a little bit strained, nothing serious just sore. I took a couple of days off and today I felt strong again so I decided to run a quick 10k instead of doing more distance work.

I managed a creditable (for me) 49 minutes which is most encouraging. This was an average pace of 7.5 mile/hr which would equate to a better than 3.5 hour marathon. Now, I know that you can't just extrapolate the time directly but I'm still very encouraged and feel that the past week has been progress. I know I could have kept this pace up for a while longer.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home