Marathon Training and Nutrition

<Marathon Training and Nutrition>

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Dangerous (but fun) run

Tonight I ran along the main road between my town and the next village. Its a nice 10k route but only half of it is lit up, the rest is pitch black except when a car goes by. Its amazing how darkness changes everything. At some points I could hardly keep my balance it was so dark and then a car would come along and I'd sprint ahead with the temporary light source. I suppose I could have hurt myself if I'd slipped off the pavement or slid on the grass verge but it actually was great fun and sometimes I just burst out laughing at my helplessness. I still managed exactly 55 minutes despite the handicap of a) cold and b) temporary blindness for some of the route. Sometimes its nice to do things that are just a tiny bit stupid!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home