Marathon Training and Nutrition

<Marathon Training and Nutrition>

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Happy New Year

We (my family + dog) went for a lovely walk yesterday afternoon. Probably walked about 6 miles, most of it sloshing through mud as it rained very heavily on NY Night. It was lovely to blow the cobwebs away but strangely both May (my wife) and I felt our calves a bit tight when we got home. I think that maybe it was all the stress we put on our legs trying not to slip over in the mud.

Today I went for a nice gentle 10k run to get back into the swing of things after a few days off. It was fine, no real problems except for my left calf twinging just a wee bit. I stopped for a quick stretch and it seemed to go away so I'm not too worried. It was great seeing all the overweight runners on the road starting their new year's resolutions to get fit and lose weight. Good on them I say! The secret of any programme be it physical, mental or even emotional is not knowledge but action and at least these folks have overcome the single biggest obstacle in achieving anything - they've taken the first step. WILL YOU TAKE A NEW STEP THIS YEAR?

Now, for all you exiled Scots (and anyone else with taste) go to the following website for a dose of nostalgia and amusement. www.irn-bru.co.uk/snowman/index.html Make sure you have the sound on.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home