Marathon Training and Nutrition

<Marathon Training and Nutrition>

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

First post Christmas run ... oh dear!

Andrew cancelled today but I deceided to get out and run off a few calories and keep the legs moving. I was very tempted just to lie in bed and listen to the radio but I got up and set off on a fairly challenging 8.5k route. Nice and hilly. Boy was I rubbish. I ended up walking about a quarter of the course, mainly the uphill bits, and just slowly jogging the flat and downhill bits. Time was irrelevant as my brain had given up caring. Actually once I gave in to the 'stop messages' that my brain was sending my legs, it was quite enjoyable. Mild morning, sweated a bit, nudged the muscles to waken up and lost a few ounces. All-in-all I'm not too worried and I'll try again tomorrow. I hope you all had a happy Christmas?

I got a smashing new running top from my daughter and a Ron Hill flourescent running bib from my wife so I'm looking forward to trying them out. I'm sure they'll improve my times!!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home