Marathon Training and Nutrition

<Marathon Training and Nutrition>

Saturday, December 16, 2006

Upping the anti...

This morning Andrew (my regular marathon training partner) and I were joined by Richard. Richard has already run one marathon and is quite fit so he was a useful addition to our training session. Andrew wanted to run a half marathon in training (he wants to be able to boast to the family over Christmas - sad man! Mind you it is quite nice to just drop that into a conversation, "Yes, I ran 13 miles this morning/last week/whatever.) Any way we chose a route that would take us up to about 11.5 miles, not quite the half but getting there and a bit of a jump from our previous longest (this time round). Having two people to train with was brilliant and our pace was very good - approx. 8.5 minutes per mile the whole way. They did the 11.5 miles in 93 minutes, I was a bit slower (96) but I'm also 15 years older!! It felt great to finish with such a good time and no injuries despite the bad conditions underfoot. On target for 3.45 I reckon.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home