Marathon Training and Nutrition

<Marathon Training and Nutrition>

Sunday, December 03, 2006

What it feels like...

Hi Guys,

I picked up this blog from Jen's site http://journals.aol.com/seejenrun06/MarathonTrainingBlog/ and loved it. It really summarises the joy and pain of a marathon very well. Go and take a look if you want to read her other posts.

Marathon Morning
When I woke up on marathon morning, I felt good, rested and ready. I’d had a great pre-race dinner of ravioli and pizza -- delicious -- and slept about eight hours. That morning I’d fueled up on water, Gatorade, and Clif bars.

It was a pretty chilly 35 degrees as we lined up at the start. I wasn’t nervous, anxious or worried – strangely calm and excited to get started. Unlike at a lot of marathons, there was a tent in front of the art museum where you could hang out and stay warm before the race. And while that was a great feature, there were a few pre-race headaches that had everyone on edge.

Pre-Race Headaches .....
If you want to read more then go to her site.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home