Marathon Training and Nutrition

<Marathon Training and Nutrition>

Monday, December 04, 2006

Doing the hard miles.

I arrived home tonight from the office with the windscreen wipers slapping back and forwards in a vain attempt to clear the torrential rain from my windscreen. I knew that within 15 minutes I was going to be out in that downpour, or else wimp out, have a coffee and watch the evening news. I went running!! Who's the man?
I didn't go too far, maybe 5 k, but it felt soo good to have conquered my inertia and dislike of getting wet and to actually get out there and do it. I'm totally convinced that nights like tonight build character and repay the effort many times over when the actual race takes place. If I can stuff my memory with runs like that then the actual race should not be able to surprise me whatever the weather. Do any of you have any secret tricks for 'doing the hard miles'?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home